22 November 2010

Madewell Opening - Georgetown DC

Madewell - J.Crew's sibling shop opened up in DC last week and I was happy to head over to Georgetown for an evening soiree and shopping with my good friend Meredith.

The store was packed with clothes and avid shoppers and I definitely think it breathes a little life into the DC retail scene.  All the necessary items for a successful opening were present - champagne cocktails, cupcakes, DJ, photobooth and racks of enviable ensembles.

I failed to take any pics as we were busy perusing the merchandise, but the event was covered by BrightestYoungThings. All pics by Dakota Fine








While I swooned over the Alexa Chung capsule collection she did for the brand a few months back, the regular stock was just as fab.  Incredible for basic jeans, sweaters & the staple femme blouse and with pricetags that don't hit too hard.

Favorite finds of my inaugural Madewell trip:
clerkenwell blouse - $110

high riser jeans - $98
snapshot minidress - $138






No comments:

Post a Comment