22 February 2011

Guest Post: The View from behind the Velvet Rope at NYFW Nightlife

From my fabulous sister.  Jealousy sets in right about now.....


The View from behind the Velvet Rope at NYFW Nightlife


I am a lucky girl and get to say that I actually LOVE what I do.  Working in PR for Syndicate Media Group I have been exposed to some pretty amazing events through our luxury clientele.


I started off my second NYFW on Saturday night at the new bar Mister H, located in the swank Mondrian SoHo (opening on March 1) for Prabal Gurung’s after party. It was 20 degrees and I was ill equipped in a black shift dress and heeled booties at the door - not my definition of fun, but with Mia Moretti spinning the party I quickly realized that dancing would be the best remedy for the chill. Check out this Refinery29 post about it to see the notables.


image via Refinery29


*My favorite was J.Crew’s Jenna Lyons’ who was my BFF for a hot sec as we gushed over girl power and how we love being tall

Sunday night was a low key dinner at the Penthouse at Hudson Hotel hosted by Tara Hoffman. Chloe Sevigny was supposed to show but sadly didn’t….Notables: Arden Wohl, Tara Subkoff, Waris Ahluwalia, Natasha Lyonne

View the photos of the soiree by M. Alexander Weber here: http://www.malexanderweber.com/021311_Hudson_SubkoffDinner/index_4.html


Fast forward to Tuesday and we have the mother of all 2011 NYFW parties. VMan hosts its February Cover Party at the Mondrian SoHo which also doubled as the unofficial celebration of Alexander Wang’s SoHo store opening. This door was not as peachy for me, as I had my OWN bodyguard to keep guests from trampling me over.  I lived but my ego was a little bruised by some harsh words via party crashers. My job at the door is to spot all notables and VIPs to ensure that they get in without having to wait. Guess what? EVERYONE in NYC thinks they are a VIP, haha - NOT the case.


photo by Nick Hunt via

photo by Patrick McMullan via 
Nevertheless, a bumpin' party & good times by all. Highlights include:
-Kanye West rolling up in a silver Maybach with mirrored aviators, leather jacket, and infamous pout.
-Kanye asking our interns to get him fried chicken. Still not sure where they found it at 2am …
-$5,000.00 worth of $1 dollar bills spinning around the dancefloor. Think giant snow globe.
-Having a BFF moment with Brad from Rachel Zoe as he paraded in and out of the party.  

image via PaperMag


xoxo ATR

1 comment:

  1. Pretty. Amazing. Love this guest post! I wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete