21 June 2011

summer soup

i don't know about you...but lunch is the HARDEST meal of the day for me.  keeping in mind the time it takes to prepare and it being nutritious/filling it's just a lot to think about.  not to mention, my office is FREEZING, like need a space heater cold, so i always crave something warm.  i've never been one for a sandwich at lunch, which also really narrows down the options.

so when i stumbled upon this recipe for a spicy stew, i knew i may have something good on my hands.  especially with the fresh corn available at the farmers market right now...so easy to make, and put into individual tupperware servings for the rest of the week.

borrowed from the girls over at Big Girls Small Kitchen , this tastes just like enchiladas without hardly any of the guilt and temptation of queso (no offense queso, i love you, but you are the enemy) if you had say, dined out at a mexican joint.

Green Chile Chicken
via Big Girls Small Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. This soup looks delicious! I may need to try this and bring it to the office...I have my space heater on right now. Funny you said that - my office is SOOOOO COLD and I hate it!

    ReplyDelete