09 June 2011

summer hair

the HOT temps have been making blow drying my hair a complete lose lose situation.  it does not stay straight because of the humidity and it makes getting ready in the mornings that much more miserable.  

so i have adopted a summer routine of no blow dry (unless the walk to the metro counts) + redken radiant sea spray  

this is the idea. the only thing my hair really has in common with this is the "stringy" factor.

this smells so delish

since my hair is not exactly wavy, nor full, nor anything really desirable, i generally end up with a bun piled atop my head.  i have fully convinced myself that a bun is chic and puts across the "she is really together" rather than "she didn't do her hair this morning" message. 

what do you think? are buns lazy or a chic way to stay cool?

kate bosworth with a sleek updo

Lauren Conrad with a messier, un-done bun

doutzen kroes rocking a classic at the Costume Institute Gala
image via Vogue.com



2 comments:

  1. i am a perpetual bun do-er. i feel as though we have similar hair, mine is just blonde. i say rock the bun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the good hair in the fam

    ReplyDelete