27 October 2010

halloween hang-up


First off let me just preface this post by saying that Halloween is just not my thing.  I have never planned ahead for months to think of a spectacular costume or something incredibly witty to win prizes.  If I had my way, everyone would want to just hang out inside drink good beer or red wine, eat candy and watch scary movies.  Instead, it is the one night you can pretty much count on everyone you know wanting to hit the town.  

So what's a girl to do....

Well I'm not the lamest person alive, so I usually break-down and try to find a way to wear a costume that in no way resembles this....

"Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut
and no other girls can say anything about it. " - Mean Girls (best movie ever)

I also am not about to paint my face or be some cliche sexy/slutty profession i.e. nurse, police woman, maid...  


That said, I usually try and only buy items/accessories of things I would actually use in the future (what?, you're telling me you don't want to re-use those plastic handcuffs???)

Highlights of years past...

2006 - Devil Wears Prada 
only thing purchased - baby devil horns

2008 - Blair from Gossip Girl
the perfect excuse for me to buy a bow headband
2009 - Vampire
black dress, red lips and a vamp cape. done & done.
*featuring my favorite HS ladies...
2010 - Skeleton
pretty excited about the comfort factor
of the JCrew moto boots for a night out
Happy Halloween!!!!







2 comments:

  1. hahaha - love the mean girls photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and LOVE mean girls!!! Can't wait for our lunch date on Friday.

    ReplyDelete